During the Turkish occupation in Hungary, there was no decent road built in the area between the Fehérvári Gate situated on Buda Castle's western wall and the Esztergom round bastion at the corner, only an alley serving military purposes skirted below the town wall. A proper road was built once the castle ceased to be a fortification: this was the Bastei Promenade, later Bastion Lane. In the centre of the lane is a memorial illustrating a trumpeter mounted on horseback, which was made in honour of the Second Transylvanian Hussars Army (the artwork of the sculptor Lajos Petri). Walking southwards the "Ancient Source" fountain can be found (the artwork of István Pákolitz, donated for Budapest's centenary). On the plateau of the Fehérvári round bastion, is the equestrian statue of General Artúr Görgei (1818-1916) (the artwork of György Vastagh Jr.). The statue was erected in 1935, and the reproduction of the destroyed original was made by László Marton in 1998. Not far from this repliquas of a statue of a knight and another of his squire have been erected to commemorate the 1974 excavation of archaeologist László Zolnay, who unearthed the remains of splendid Gothic statues. The current name of the lane was given in 1946 after the poet Árpád Tóth (1886-1928).