Select your language

Úri utca 24. (No. 24 Úri Street)

Two-storey building, with a simple Baroque facade and with 14th-century elements. Its northern part was totally rebuilt at the beginning of the 16th century, and a court wing was added to it. At the beginning of the 1700s the section of the building on Úri Street was restructured and a southern court wing stretching to Bástya (Tóth Árpád) Lane was added to it, which was converted into a three-storey block in the second half of the 18th century. Its five bays long front looking onto Úri Street is crowned with an entablature. In the middle axis there is a basket-arched gate in a Baroque frame decorated with a springing course, a keystone and a 17th-century wrought iron knocker. The seven bays long ashlar built façade looking onto Bástya (Tóth Árpád) Lane has 18th-century windows in plain frames. Its gateway is barrel vaulted with 14th-century sedilia. A 14th-century stone carving of a dragon was found in its northern wall.

No. 24 Úri street, 1910sCourtyard of No. 24 Úri street, 1910s

Knocker on the gates of No. 24 Úri street, around 1940

No. 24 Úri street, the stone frame of a medieval door opening and the ramains of a sitting niche in the southern wall if the gateway, 1961