The exterior of this two-storey Eclectic building does not reveal that the gateway is ornamented by a row of 14th-century Gothic sedilia. In the wing overlooking Tóth Árpád Lane the pillars of a medieval arcade have survived. In its place there were two medieval buildings, the remains of which were rebuilt by Scottish Benedictine monks at the beginning of the 18th century. Today's building was built as a building block in 1884. Between 1938-1945 the German Embassy operated here, then from 1953 on a state architectural office was housed here. Today it again houses the German Embassy.